Flammable refrigerants are becoming increasingly popular because of their cooling properties and environmental friendliness. There are safety implications when handling flammable refrigerants that you need to know about. This course is aimed at all those who work with, or will work with, flammable refrigerants. It is recommended that Approved Filler Certification is completed prior to this course (although this is not compulsory).
On completion of this course you will know about:
- The legislation that applies to flammable gases
- Your responsibilities under the legislation
- The properties of flammable and hydrocarbon refrigerants
- Calculating maximum charge for hydrocarbon and other flammable refrigerants
- Identifying and managing the hazards of working with flammable refrigerants
- The appropriate tools and PPE for working with flammable refrigerants
- Safe storage, transport and disposal of flammable refrigerants
- Emergency plans and first aid for flammable refrigerants.
Register your interest for upcoming courses